In the last couple months we’ve talked a lot about Pinterest and what it can do for your business. The virtual pinboard has become the newest “it” social network with over 10.4 million registered users and accounting for 3.6% of referral traffic.
- It is the third most popular social network
- American users spend an average of 97.8 minutes on the site
- 80% of users are female
- 30% of Pinterest users are between the ages of 25-34
And Pinterest in no longer exclusively image based—the website has become popular for video marketing as well. With an increase of around 500% in the last month, videos are the latest craze on the virtual pinboard. Here are five tips from Mashable.com on how your business can make the most of videos on Pinterest:
1. Have Descriptive Video Pins and Pinboards- Be creative with your pins and intermix your original videos with related images. And don’t forget an interesting title!
2. Keep Your Videos Short, When Possible- Pinterest in meant for fast browsing so don’t expect users to watch a 30-minute video. Make sure your video is quick and to the point.
3. Clearly Describe Video Content- Never leave the description box blank. Put thought into descriptions so users don’t disregard the video as spam.
4. Put a “Pin It” Button Next to Your Video Player- Don’t just have your Pinterest follow button on your homepage—include it right under the embedded video player on your site as well.
5. Repin Videos by Others- The best way to build a network of followers is to re-pin other images or videos.
So what are you waiting for? Start pinning! (And while you’re at it, check out our pinboard).